EIOPA will hold an event on the forthcoming notification procedures for cross-border activities and cross-border transfers as part of implementing the IORP II Directive.
On 13 January 2019 the IORP II Directive will become applicable. In addition to introducing new minimum harmonisation requirements on the governance, risk management and information disclosure of IORPs, the new Directive provides further clarification and detail on the notification procedures for cross-border activities (Article 11 of the IORP II Directive) and cross-border transfers (Article 12 of the IORP II Directive).
As part of implementation of the IORP II Directive, EIOPA is currently conducting a review of the Budapest Protocol to foster the cross-border cooperation between National Competent Authorities with respect to cross-border notification procedures and the on-going supervision of cross-border activities. This work seeks to improve both procedural transparency and efficiency for cross-border activities and transfers and took into consideration stakeholder feedback provided by the Occupational Pensions Stakeholder Group and in recent engagement events on cross-border activities.
The finalised notification procedures will be published next year after the adoption of the EIOPA Board of Supervisors' decision on the cross-border collaboration between National Competent Authorities with respect to the IORP II Directive.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- To explain the approach and principles underpinning the cross-border collaboration within the scope of the IORP II Directive and;
- To raise awareness on the main expected changes and new features relative to the current notification procedures.
This event also offers an opportunity to share practical information and experience on cross-border activities and transfers in addition to meeting and exchanging views with cross-border practitioners active in the occupational pensions sector across Europe.
- IORPs operating cross-border activities and/or experienced in cross-border transfers
- Companies sponsoring IORPs involved in cross-border activities and/or cross-border transfers
- Companies planning to operate a cross-border activity and/or start a cross-border transfer in the future
- Social partners and representatives of employees involved in cross-border activities and/or cross-border transfers
To register for the event, please submit your online registration form below by 27 September 2017 at the latest.
Confirmations will be sent shortly after the deadline in addition to a draft programme. Please note that seating capacity for this event is limited. To ensure a fair representation of views, EIOPA reserve the right to restrict the number of participants to ensure an overall balanced composition.
Please note that EIOPA does not offer any reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses.